The nutrient-packed apple, carrot, celery, cucumber and spinach combined with the blood-building properties of beetroot make this juice incredibly healthy.
- Apple and carrot base – as much as you like
- 1 palm-sized raw beetroot
- 2 sticks of celery
- ½ medium cucumber
- Good handful of spinach
What to do with it
- Juice the lot, stir, pour and enjoy.
Recipe from: Vale J. The juice master’s ultimate fast food. London: Thorsons. 2003.
Calcium-rich alkaliser. Makes 250 ml, dilute with same quantity water to make 500 ml.
- 2 apples
- ½ cucumber
- 2 to 4 spinach leaves
- ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp baobab powder
- 1 tsp wheatgrass or barley grass powder (optional)
- Juice the apples, cucumber, spinach and lemon. Add the baobab powder and grass powder and stir or blend together.