Purest Omega 3– Prioritising Your Health and the Environment
The omega fatty acids in fish support and maintain healthy bones and joints, vision, the immune system, mood and most of all, the heart and cardiovascular system. Clinical strength Purest Omega 3 is a highly potent, non-GMO fish oil, containing an impressive 85% omega-3 concentration in each 1 000 mg soft gel capsule.
Not all fish and fish oils are created equal
In developing Purest Omega 3 we’ve collaborated with a world leading authority and expert in omega 3 production, who not only produces a market leading oil but takes care of the environment whilst doing so. We wanted a supplement we could trust in purity, that delivered in efficacy, was unadulterated, and we felt good about taking every day and sharing with you.
Purest Omega 3 is 100% sourced from IFOS 5-star sustainable fishery and MSC-certified.* Only wild Alaskan fish are used, high in omega 3 fatty acids and naturally free of mercury. This is because they swim freely in the deep and pristine waters of Alaska.
The formulation contains a 3:2 EPA to DHA ratio, making it an ideal choice for therapeutic dosage and contains the triglyceride (TG) form for superior absorption and bioavailability. Each capsule contains 400 mg of EPA and 300 mg of DHA and is safe for diabetics, corn-free / gluten-free, cold extracted with a TOTOX score of 5** and processed hexane-free.
Why the triglyceride (TG) form of fish oils?
- Naturally occurring form found in foods and in the body
- Research indicates that it is up to 70% more bioavailable than the ethyl ester (EE) form
- Easier to assimilate for individuals with impaired digestion and absorption
- Less prone to oxidation and production of free radicals
- No post-digestion production of alcohol in the gut or blood stream as in the EE form
- Less susceptible to increasing free fatty acids in the blood, which may increase blood glucose
Purest Omega 3 uses the latest innovation in EPA/DHA technology to insure purity and absorption
- Exceptional freshness – freshly caught fish are quickly processed within hours, resulting in exceptionally fresh raw fish oil
- Cold extraction – process used for the refining of the EPA & DHA fatty acids
- Minimally processed – produced to the highest standards of purity and quality
- Molecular distillation – removes fishy odour and taste to ensure purity
- Filtration – removes PCBs (polychlorinated biphenyls), chlorinated organ pollutants and heavy metals
THE IMPORTANCE OF SUSTAINABILITY
Purest Omega 3 fish oil is sourced from wild Pollock in the Bering Sea, which has an extremely low bycatch rate of less than 1%, compared to the US national averages of 17 to 22% determined by NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration). This means that Civic Nutrition set out to minimise wasteful fishing from the very start of manufacturing, resulting in a smaller carbon footprint and less disruption to the ocean’s ecosystem.
* The MSC (Marine Stewardship Council) certification programme was rated #1 in a 2012 report by Accenture Development Partnerships, commissioned by the World Wildlife Foundation that assessed seafood sustainability certifications compared to other programs lead by Friend of the Sea, ASMI and Iceland.
**What is a TOTOX score and why is it important?
Poly unsaturated fatty acids (n-3 PUFA) are highly prone to oxidative degradation, this means that omega 3 fish oils are particularly susceptible to the risk of becoming rancid if they are not handled or produced properly. TOTOX (Total Oxidation Value) is a value assigned to an oil which measures the level of oxidation and can be used as a measure of the freshness and quality of the oil as well.
A TOTOX score of 27 is regarded as an acceptable level of quality, however when commercially available omega 3 supplement brands were tested 39% of Canadian, 27% of US and more than 80% of South African and New Zealand products exceeded these levels. Not only is each batch of Purest Omega 3 tested to ensure that we fall within the TOTOX regulation standards but so that we maintain our own high standards by which each batch must have a TOTOX score of 5.
- Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute. Alaska Seafood Sustainability in Plain English. ASMI. 2009
- Gross, M. & Klein, S. Fish Oil Triglycerides vs. Ethyl Esters. PRN – Physician Recommended Nutriceuticals.
- Schultz, H. Variability in Peru fishery, PR hit for krill continue to tinge omega-3s sustainability picture. NUTRA ingredients.com. 19/06/2018
This unregistered medicine has not been evaluated by the SAHPRA for its quality, safety or intended use.