This unique four-product range may help with the relief of breakout- and acne-prone conditions. The unique blend of oils assists with the healing process, combats inflammation so the skin heals quicker while being cleansed and nourished. This four-step programme consists of an oil cleanser, skin tonic, day/night nourishing cream and a tissue oil.
HEMP CASTOR TAMANU OIL FACIAL CLEANSER
Our facial cleanser is based on the Oil Cleansing Method which is beneficial to all skin types and helps to moisturise and nourish it – and does not need to be rinsed off. The blend of hemp, castor, tea tree and tamanu oil is used to cleanse oil, remove deep dirt and dissolve dead skin cells. It also contains witch hazel which assists in cleansing and hydrating the skin.
GREEN TEA TREE SKIN TONIC
Our Green Tea Tree Tonic is a blend of green tea, tea tree and colloidal silver which is soothing and healing to oily and acne-prone skin. Green tea helps to reduce the redness and appearance of pimples. Whereas tea tree, in turn, reduces sebum production and helps to protect the skin against inflammation, which is further assisted by colloidal silver’s anti-inflammatory and wound-healing properties.
TAMANU ALOE VERA OIL FACIAL CREAM
This is a light, moisturising daily facial cream which serves with a dual-purposed day and night application to help heal and repair oily, inflamed and acne-prone skin. This super-light and non-greasy cream is quickly absorbed and leaves the skin moisturised and feeling soft.
The blend of tamanu oil and Aloe vera offers a soothing and healing treatment for the affected, sensitive and inflamed skin. Tamanu oil is known to: heal wounds and scars, offer sun protection, soothe rashes and treat acne. Whilst Aloe vera heals and calms the affected area, reduces redness and cools the inflammation of the skin.
As a night treatment combine the cream with a few drops of the Sensitive Skin Repair Tissue Oil to create an enhanced treatment for your skin while you sleep.
SENSITIVE SKIN REPAIR TISSUE OIL
Tissue oil is a very important element in any good skin care regime, the oils nourish and penetrate deep into the tissue to heal and repair the current cells as well as assist in the regeneration of new cells.
This concentrated blend of rosehip, wheat germ, tamanu and hemp seed oil is a tissue oil that can be used on the face, the body and other affected areas. Rosehip oil has essential fatty acids assisting in the repair of damaged skin tissue. Wheatgerm oil repairs and heals skin and assists with cell regeneration. Tamanu oil heals wounds and scars, offers sun protection, soothes rashes and treats acne, while hemp seed oil provides relief from itchy symptoms.
COMFREY HEMP NEEM BALM
Our Comfrey Hemp Neem Balm is a must-have. This little pot of goodness helps the skin heal faster due to the blend of comfrey, hemp and neem, beeswax and coconut oil. Comfrey heals many types of skin problems such as scratches, rashes, bug bites and shallow wounds. Hemp seed oil is packed with nutrients which feeds the skin while neem oil heals and repairs it and the coconut oil and shea butter helps to moisturise the skin.
This product can be applied to all affected areas, to help relieve itchy, inflamed and sensitive skin conditions as well as insect bites, scars, acne, breakouts and broken skin.
HOW WERE THESE INGREDIENTS CHOSEN?
- Tamanu oil is famous for fighting specific skin problems like acne, psoriasis, acne and can be used for ageing skin, irritations, rashes, stretch marks and burns as well.
- Moringa oil has strong antiseptic properties, making it ideal for treating wounds, insect bites, skin rashes, psoriasis, eczema and other skin conditions. It is rich in antioxidants and nutrients which are quickly absorbed by the skin due to the oil’s high penetrative ability. It’s no surprise that Moringa oil promotes wrinkle-free skin!
- Hemp seed oil is light and easily absorbed by the skin, which makes it a good oil for oily and acne-prone skin types. Its high nutritional value means that it’s a great oil to use on ageing and dry skin.
- Rosehip oil is a dry oil that penetrates to the deepest layers of the skin where it regenerates cells and helps increase collagen production. It is rich in vitamin C and omega-3 & -6 fatty acids, all of which are known to help heal scar tissue. It is also high in retinoic acid, which reduces the appearance of wrinkles and brightens the skin.
- Castor oil has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, making it ideal for the breakout-prone skin. It is high in unsaturated fatty acids, vitamin E, proteins, and minerals. It helps to reduce acne-causing bacteria and inflammation associated with breakouts and can help heal the discolouration and scars caused by acne.
- Aloe vera is able to penetrate the deepest layers of the skin. It is believed to be able to act at a cellular level, helping to regenerate and nourish the skin.
- Wheatgerm oil is rich in the natural antioxidant, vitamin E that helps fight the formation of free radicals. It also assists in the maintenance of peripheral circulation which helps to maintain skin elasticity and suppleness.
- Tea tree oil’s antibacterial properties help to ward off acne-causing bacteria. It also helps to regulate sebum production, which may decrease the severity and incidence of breakouts and inflammation.
The Skintopia skincare range has three categories: Normal to Combination; Acne to Sensitive; and Dry to Mature. Each range consists of a cleanser, moisturising tonic, day/night cream and tissue oil made with its own range of healing oils.
The purpose of all the Skintopia products is to heal, repair and nourish the skin cells so that it can return to its normal state of producing its own natural oils. Our products do not contain any harsh chemicals and or strip the skin of its natural oils. We specialise in combining the most-suitable oils to repair, nourish and assist the largest organ to return to its natural state.
We make use of small-batch manufacturing to ensure the freshness of our products. All our products are handmade and the best natural oils and butters are locally and internationally sourced. The herbs and flowers used in the infusions are homegrown and harvested.
BLACK SOAP AND CACTUS GEL FACIAL & BODY WASH
Black soap firms and tones skin and improves skin texture, reduces inflammation and skin irritations. It is soothing, relieves dry patches, rashes and red areas and eases the symptoms of skin conditions like acne. Black soap is a natural source of vitamins A and E and helps to reduce, treat and clear acne, gets rid of blackheads, psoriasis and eczema.
Prickly pear extract’s anti-inflammatory properties are great for sensitive skin; are soothing and can be used to enhance skin healing, reduce inflammation, relieve redness and itchiness, as well as treat acne, psoriasis and eczema. The prickly pear cactus is not something one associates with its skin-healing properties, but it is one of skincare’s best-kept secrets…
This is a natural product suitable for all skin types particularly for those who suffer from acne and sensitive skin conditions. It is soothing, non-stripping and leaves your skin moisturised after application.
BENEFITS OF BLACK SOAP AND CACTUS GEL
- Hydration: The oil is absorbed easily and gives instant moisture to the skin due to high concentrations of linoleic acid and vitamin E.
- Antioxidants: The antioxidants found in prickly pear extract helps the skin with achieve a natural glow and helps with overall skin health.
- Anti-inflammatory: It contains vitamin E – known for its skin-softening abilities – and vitamin K, which help reduce the appearance of dark circles under the eyes. This makes it a useful ingredient not only for ageing and damaged skin, but also for maintaining optimal skin health.
- Good for sensitive skin: Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, prickly pear gel extract is great for those with sensitive skin.
- African black soap: Is revered for having skin-nourishing benefits due to an abundance of antioxidants. The soap is made from the ashes of plantain skin, cocoa pod and palm leaves, and palm oil from leaves or kernels. Some additional ingredients could include honey to soften skin and shea butter or cocoa butter for extra moisturising properties.
- Protects against photo ageing: The antioxidants protect the skin from free radical damage, which is a cause of premature skin ageing, wrinkles and facial lines.
- Improves skin tone: Firms and tones skin and improves skin texture, for a more supple and glowing skin.
- Fades skin discolouration: It helps to even out and fade brown spots and discolouration.
- Reduces inflammation and skin irritations: It helps reduce inflammation and skin irritations and is soothing on the dry and irritated skin, relieving dry patches, rashes and redness.
- Helps to heal problem skin: It eases the symptoms of skin conditions like acne. Users have said that black soap helps reduce, treat and clear acne; get rid of blackheads, psoriasis and
We harvest the leaves and process it by hand to extract the gel from the leaves. Once extraction has taken place we combine the black soap gel and cactus gel to make the soap mixture. We also process the black soap cakes by hand, as it comes in big blocks, and need to be processed into smaller quantities to get a liquid soap. This soap mixture or process takes approximately two full days to complete from harvesting the leaves to the end product.
No two batches are alike, just as Nature intended!